Yesterday marked my last day at NBC. I began my career in entertainment publicity as an intern, then a page. I had gotten so used to the layout of the Universal lot, becoming familiar with the names and faces of its employees, executives... yet I still had so much to learn about the company. As I returned my polyester suit and guest relations key, as well as said my goodbyes, I couldn't help but get teary-eyed. I'm still getting used to the fact that I will no longer be working alongside my colleagues who I now consider my good friends. I'm going to miss them so much.
But this does not change the fact that I am extremely excited for the next chapter in my career. Starting Monday, I will be working at Fox as an assistant to the vice president of publicity. This is my first official (salaried) job, and I cannot be more grateful that I have been given this opportunity. My assignment as NBC was a challenge, but it prepared me for this new job, and more importantly, led me to land the job.
I ended my NBC stint with press tour, and now I begin my Fox gig with press tour. It's a chaotic whirlwind working at these events but I am not one to complain. In fact, I kind of love it.
Farewell, NBC. Despite all of the ups and downs, I will only carry fond memories of you. You gave me my first taste of what I hope will be the rest of my life: entertainment publicity. I'll be in touch.
No comments:
Post a Comment